Tuesday 4 August 2015

Packs a big punch

Good evening everyone.

Recently, I purchased a compact camera to sit alongside my medium format  film setup.  The purpose was for the digital camera to work alongside the film gear, and something that was a little lighter and easier to maneuver.

After looking at various models, I decided on the inch sensor Sony RX100 20MP compact.  I went for a used mark 1 version, purely because I could pick one up for a third of the price of a new, mark 3 version.  Reading the reviews prior to purchase made me feel confident in that I wouldn't be disappointed with the models first release.

Im not going to go into huge detail about the cameras performance as there are plenty of other reviews out there that will provide you with more concise information and results.  My only wish was for the camera to produce printable results from a small device.

Last week, whilst home in Northern Ireland, I took the camera out for its first proper outing.  The weather was miserable, obviously, as we are right in the depths of a UK summer - however, I managed to shoot all these images on a tripod with a bag for life over my head... 

From viewing the RAWS in lightroom, i'm extremely impressed with the sharpness throughout the image and the size of the files.  There is a bit of noise, even at low ISO, however nothing that harms the photograph.  Anyway, here are a few results from that afternoon outing.

Regards, John.






No comments:

Post a Comment